The Shopping #6: Michael Kors Watch

Sunday, 20 January 2013

The intervention didn’t work, I went shopping again.  I'm so sick of everyone telling me to 
stop shopping my mum, sister, the old lady on the train… :)  I had some money I received for Christmas and thought I’d jump on the bandwagon (albeit a bit late) and treat myself to a Michael Kors watch.

After going back and forth between the rose or yellow gold  (I’m sure the sales assistant loved me!) and a plea for help on twitter, I decided on yellow gold and purchased the Michael Kors Yellow Gold Midsized Chronograph Watch (MK 5055)  

The face is 38mm which looks over sized on my wrist (I had to get 5 links removed) which I like.  These pictures give a better idea of the size.  I wanted something large to be a statement piece.  I think this is nice in that it is noticeable but not too over sized and it adds something to every outfit that I wear.  I opted for yellow gold in the end, as I think this suits my skin tone better and will match more of my jewellery than the rose gold would have.  It’s gold plated so I know that between that and my clumsiness it will get scratched but I love it.

I bought this from Weir & Sons, were the staff were lovely (and patient.) but you can also buy this from Selfridges.

P.S. apologies for the second picture!  Yes - that is indeed my finger and the camera in the reflection! Mario Testino ain't got nothin' on me :)






4 comments :

  1. I absolutely love this! I am so so so jealous!

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit of a splurge but I love it! My bank balance is weeping :)

      Delete
  2. So jealous! That watch looks gorgeous! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations