The Makeup #2: Beauty Haul

Saturday, 12 January 2013































So I was feeling a bit rubbish the other day and my usual remedies to cheer myself up going for a run, having a bubble bath, a bottle glass of wine, some chocolate, (not all together - although maybe I should have tried that…) were not doing the trick.  Then I remembered the voucher I received for Christmas!  So off I trundled to Brown Thomas and these are the bits I picked up.  What’s that phrase, whoever said money doesn’t buy happiness, obviously doesn’t know where to shop hehe! Cheered me right up ;)

I bought a nail polish, yes I know, another one!  Dior Vernis 707 Gris Montaigne which is a creamy dark grey.  I was getting a bit bored of the plums and reds I’ve worn all winter.  I’m still wearing this now and I’m really impressed.  I don’t know what has gotten into me, my taupe/nude/beige polishes haven’t been worn in ages.  I don’t know who I am anymore!  I’ve done a full review here.


Then because of Hannah Georgina’s enabling / You Tube videos, I picked up the Tom Ford Brow Sculptor in 02 Taupe.  I have a Tom Ford mascara and a few lipsticks so wanted to try more from the brand.  I haven’t tried this yet but I’ll let you know how I get on with it.


In case I don’t love it, (always prepared me! and able to justify any purchase)  I picked up MAC Omega eye shadow which I will use to fill in my brows.  I used this ages ago and found I was missing it…finally reunited.


While in MAC, I really wanted to get the lipstick Peach Stock but unfortunately it’s a pro product and we don’t have a pro store in Ireland.  So god forbid, I leave empty handed without a lipstick - I bought MAC Russian Red, which is a matte finish.  I have Ruby Woo so wanted to see how this compared.  Went in for a nude/peach shade, came out with a bright red?  I’m a sales assistant’s dream...


Finally, I bought another item that was on my Wednesday Wants post, I got the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler and in gold score!  I don’t know how many times I’ve been on the Space NK website and had this in my basket but just never bought it but I wanted the instant gratification, no waiting around for Mr. Postman here.


Let me know if you’d like a more in depth review on any of these?

10 comments :

  1. I always eye up Russian Red but i have so many reds I am never brave enough to wear! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've loads of dark reds and plums too, I wear them around the house :)

      Delete
  2. I like the look of the dior polish and lipstick, great colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! I'm still wearing the nail polish and no chips :)

      Delete
  3. Great buys :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel a bit guilty though! Like I need more makeup :)

      Delete
  4. OMG would love to be able to spend this kind of money on make-up - a girls dream!

    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog - Now following on GFC. WOuld be great to follow each other.

    www.Lurchhoundloves.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may be bankrupting myself, but hey least I'm committed :)

      Delete
  5. Im in love with Dior polish this colour is loveeeeely definitely going to check that out xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations