The Skincare #4: Darphin Aromatic Purifying Balm

Tuesday, 8 January 2013


















As you may know from the lack of FOTD posts and this post, I have very oily acne prone skin.  It’s the bane of my life!  I know, I know, somewhere far far away, there is a teeny tiny violin playing for me ;)

Recommend by Caroline Hirons, I bought the Darphin Aromatic Purifying Balm to add to my spot zapping stash.  It is intended for tired, dull complexions with imperfections.  *waves arms in the air*  Hello! ME, ME ME!  You know those horrible, under the skin, take a week to go kind of blemishes?  This sorts them right out.  I’ve been reaching for this over traditional drying spot creams, were I find you treat the blemish and then have to try to fix the skin underneath afterwards.  Massaged into the affected area at night, come morning the blemish looks less angry, red, inflamed and because this is a hydrating balm, the spot isn’t dry and flaky (TMI? Sorry!) and is therefore, much easier to conceal.  It leaves the area looking less dull and speeds up the healing time.  


It is a thick, soft balm rather than a hard wax texture.  It has a strong essential oils smell which may not be for everyone, but I personally like it it.  This will set you back £41 which is a lot for such a small pot but a little goes a long way.  Sometimes I just put a little on a cotton bud and treat individual blemishes.  This is fast on its way to achieving HG status.

4 comments :

  1. Oh this sounds wonderful! Will keep an eye out for it xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fab. I get mine from Space NK :)

      Delete
  2. i have dry skin so it probably wouldn't really work for me but it sounds so nice

    Jessica
    www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do another one too for dry skin :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations