The Nail File #3: Dior Vernis 707 Gris Montaigne

Friday, 11 January 2013







































I was trying to be good, no more nail polishes I told myself, but then this caught my eye.  (I’m weak, what can I say…)  Part of the Spring 2011 collection Dior Vernis 707 Gris Montaigne is a creamy dark grey. The nearest thing I can compare it to is Barry M’s Grey.  

I think the colour is gorgeous.  And a step away from the berries and reds I’ve been sporting this winter.  It’s a well pigmented dark grey without a blue or green base that I find a lot of grey polishes have.  I only have four Dior polishes but I absolutely love the formula of these.  I don’t know why I don’t buy more of their polishes.  (Actually, I do, it’s because I keep getting caught up in the hype over the latest Chanel offerings!)  

The brush is wide so it gives good coverage but means it can be difficult to get it perfect near the cuticle. Excuse mine! Two coats and it is opaque and it dries to a high shine, rich finish.  On one hand at least! I can’t be the only person who can paint one hand perfectly and then the other one, well not so great :)I can get up to five days (with a base and topcoat) before there are any signs of chipping.  The neutral lover that I am, next time I want to try 306 Gris Trianon which is part of the Spring 2013 collection…

What shades are you loving at the minute?

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I love it! Can't stop staring at my nails :)

      Delete
  2. I love this stormy grey shade, i reviewed the dior vernis nail varnish as well and absolutely love the wide brush !

    the-secret-getaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great aren't they, only problem is now I want more... :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations