The Edit #9: My Makeup Collection

Tuesday, 15 January 2013



















I have to admit, I feel like a fraud.  What kind of beauty blogger am I?  "My Makeup Collection" is a bit of an exaggeration as there isn't much at all.  Because of my skin woes, I stick to what I know doesn't break me out and anything else is re-homed much to the delight of friends and family.  It is growing however. Oh Space NK you tempt me you cheeky thing with your makeup wares...

I have two pieces from Muji stacked on top of one another.  In the bottom drawer, I keep powder products.  Setting powder, bronzer, blushers and highlighter.



The middle drawer is home to eye shadows, eye bases, samples and I keep my Laura Mercier concealer in here too.

The top drawer contains lipsticks, Laura Mercier and Clarins lip gloss, my foundation primer and Chantecaille tinted moisturiser.





Then I have to a cup that I keep all of my makeup brushes in and I've recycled an old Diptyque candle which now holds things like mascaras and eyeliners.  Finally as they won't fit in the storage, I keep my every day foundation and bronzer out on my dresser.














Wow, I really don't have much at all do I?  Maybe I should go shopping and correct that ;)

18 comments :

  1. I love it, so PRETTY
    FOLLOW BACK, IF YOU LIKE ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice blog. Follow you.

    www.beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely collection. Sometimes its nice to have a collection of things that you actually use and work for you rather than having a huge collection that you don't touch. Plus your collection is full of quality products :-)

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it, I'd rather have less but I use them :)

      Delete
  4. I actually love the fact your collection is small and you stick with what you know. I'm currently on a mission to downsize my own collection to about this size! Sometimes I wish I could scrap all my makeup and then just buy the essentials from the begining to create a capsule makeup collection fall of the essentials!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that friends and family are very willing to help if you're having a clear out :)

      Delete
  5. love Chanel make up,are perfect!
    what are think about my blog?Take a look here https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pie-Hole/340193896063820 or here:http://s-thepiehole.blogspot.it/ and if you like it,follow it please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little see through drawers are cute. I guess if you know what products work for you, there's no point going out and buying more for the sake of it.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your MAC collection rivals mine! Its an addiction! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have much either - i know what i like and pretty much stick to that.
    And i love your drawers, they're really chic.

    Jayde x
    http://www.littlebitof-sunshine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can pick them up from Muji or Amazon :)

      Delete
  9. Honestly, I'd much rather have a well-edited colletion of beautiful products like yours, rather than a shedload of stuff I keep for those "just in case" moments that never actually happen. I'm new to your blog, can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking but when I see other people's makeup collections...

      Thanks for having a read :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations