The Edit #8: Beauty Sleep Favourites

Sunday, 13 January 2013




























Christmas ruined me!  My sleep pattern is all over the place and I admit it, sometimes
here at LLA I have found myself tossing and turning at night and even on Pinterest at 3am!  So more and more I’ve been interested in products with essential oils and aromatic ingredients to help me relax and unwind after a hard day and get my much needed (beauty) sleep!

My favourite sleepy time products are:


Bach Rescue Night Spray - this is a spray with flower essences, to aid a natural nights sleep apparently. You use this by applying two sprays onto your tongue.  I’m not sure if it has helped and a word of warning, it doesn’t taste too good!


Aromatherapy Associates Relax Deep Bath and Shower Oil - I won’t go on about this too much as I have declared my love for this here.  It works a treat.  It smells lovely and leaves your skin really soft (so much so, that you could skip using body cream after your bath) and just fall straight into bed in a blissful slumber.


Another firm favourite, is the Neom Organics candle in Tranquility.  There is also an ode to this, which can be found here.  This smells so good with lavender, basil and jasmine and for such a small candle the scent payoff is strong.  Hours after this has been extinguished, you can still smell this throughout the house.  Perfect after a long stressful day.


In the same post as mentioned above, I’ve spoken about the This Works Night Time Candle.  I got this as part of a set.  It’s a great size but unfortunately in this case, this (doesn’t) work.  Once lit, you cannot smell it at all.  Such a shame.


In the same set, I got the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray.  Unlike the candle, this does deliver. It really promotes rest and relaxation with essential oils of lavender, vetivert and wild chamomile.  I spray a tiny bit of this on my pillow each night.


Finally, as part of my Zzz routine, I use the This Works Deep Sleep Bath Soak.  These bath salts have the same scent as the pillow spray and are really soothing.  Some of these salts with the Aromatherapy Associates oil, is the perfect relaxing combo.  Until you wake up and find yourself lying in a cold bath :)


While others count sheep, I was shopping on line, so anything that stops that is a winner right?

7 comments :

  1. Great blog! I love Neom candles... amazing!! if you have a moment please tell me what you think of my blog www.ashlylondon.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting ridiculous the number of candles I have now...Following your blog, it's fab :)

      Delete
  2. I am definitely just gonna give in & invest in the This Works Deep Sleep range - seems worth it for the better quality Zzzz's! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't rate the candle, but the rest of the set is fab :)

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely going to track down the pillow spray and the candle - I'm in exactly the same situation where being off uni has meant I'm up all night and heading to bed at 7am to get up at 3, which just isn't going to work after this week :L

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the variety in your blog posts! Plus, you just made me fall in love with the sound of the Aromatherapy Associates oil and the Neom candle, so... I mean I can justify purchasing those with the excuse that sometimes I have trouble falling asleep, right? x

    http://thenonbrit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Absolutely! Even pick up a mini candle to see if you like the scent?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations