The Skincare #5: Eye Creams

Wednesday, 9 January 2013









First up, is Eysilix eye cream from Indeed Labs.  I was actually lucky enough to win this when Beauty Seen PR held a competition on Twitter.  The cream is white and very light weight in texture, not at all heavy or sticky and has a pleasant smell.  As you massage it in, you can feel its firming and tightening effects.  This has made a huge difference to the dark circles I suffer from, while working towards combating the signs of ageing.  It applies and blends well without tugging at the delicate eye area.  This would be suitable for people who have sensitive skin or contact wearers and it works well under makeup.  I have to say the tube looks tiny, it contains 15ml but for £24.99 it lasts longer than you would think and you only need a tiny amount.  The results are amazing, it really delivers on what it promises.  I already have been to Boots and purchased my back up.

Prior to discovering this, I had been using Clarins Eye Contour Balm, which is a nice alternative.  While called a balm, this is more of a rich cream consistency but isn‘t greasy and wouldn’t irritate sensitive skin.  It has the “typical” Clarins scent.  This softens and hydrates the eye area.  As it is a thick cream, I find this better for its moisturising rather than its anti-ageing properties.  Like the Eysilix, it has a nice efficient squeeze tube that dispenses the right amount of product to use.  A pea sized amount will do the job.  This costs £28.

Finally, for my birthday last year, my sister bought me the Zelens Triple-Action Advanced Eye Cream.  I had received samples of this from Space NK previously and had been eyeing it up.  (See what I did there?  No? Never mind...)  I love the fresh smell and velvety texture of this.  It is like a cream/gel hybrid and feels luxurious to apply.  But for a whopping £75 for a 15ml pot, it would want to work too.  And that I can attest to.  It reduces puffiness and you can feel it tightening in just one use.  As it is a thicker cream, I have been using this just at night and in a few months, the skin around my eyes looks more luminous and bright.  My only quibble (other than the price) is that it comes in a jar which isn’t as hygienic.  What’s that song?  Perfection doesn’t come cheap…

What are your favourite eye creams?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations