The Edit #12: What's in my makeup bag?

Wednesday, 30 January 2013


Today I thought I'd share with you what is in my makeup bag.  You know, just the ahem essentials in case I unexpectedly go away for a week am out of the house all day.  I love to read these posts.  I'm nosey and it lets me see what other people use that may work for me!  You know when you see someone doing their makeup on the bus or the train?  I practically sit beside them, just to see what they're using, offer to help and hand them products...(maybe a slight exaggeration!)

First up is my base for which I use the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation.  I heard about this from Barbara's You Tube videos and have now been using this for over a year.  It is a medium coverage but buildable foundation that feels really light on the skin.  I like that I can use this and don't need a separate powder.  Then to cover any pesky blemishes I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer.  I won't bang on about this too much, this is the concealer that every Anne, Emily and er Jane has previously mentioned :)  It's quite thick but is fine once you blend it out.

For mornings were it's not just bags under my eyes but the whole set of luggage, I use the YSL Touche Éclat.  I then fill in my poor over plucked brows with a swipe of Tom Ford Brow Sculptor and apply one or two coats of the Tom Ford mascara in Raven.

A bit of MAC Melba blush applied with an Eco Tools retractable brush and some Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy and I'm good to go.

12 comments :

  1. Haha I ALWAYS have far too much makeup on me. I'm forever being told off by my friends on night out, only to be thanked later on when their makeup s smudged haha...

    Love a bit of touch éclat, I haven't brought any in a while but I went through a faze last year where I went through about 3 in 3 months ... Sure that's not normal haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's dedication there! I'm always envious of people who have tiny clutch bags on nights out :)

      Delete
  2. I have just discovered your blog & I'm so glad I have especially as your bio pretty much sums up my favourite shops!

    New follower :)

    Hannah www.cagneyandlace.com Check out my Neom candle giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's becoming a problem... I'm following your blog now, don't know how I wasn't before :)

      Delete
  3. love mac blushes and melba is a favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still need to try a chanel lipstick!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these types of posts, gorgeous blog

    kirstywinterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I love the orange blusher... I bet that looks gorgeous on :) If I could I would spend all my money on Chanel lipsticks :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations