The Hairecare #1: Current Hair Care Routine

Monday, 28 January 2013




I don’t often write about hair products, but my hair-care routine takes up a lot of my time.  *Ponders the hours of her life spent blow drying her hair*  I use the word routine loosely, very loosely.  The word struggle would be more appropriate!

My hair is just past my shoulders and I would have said that I have thick hair but hair stylists have described it has being fine but there is lots of it!  It is naturally coarse/dry and then to boot it’s highlighted and I use my GHD regularly.  Also, it’s neither naturally straight nor wavy so blow drying and styling is great fun altogether.  Thankfully my hair doesn’t get greasy, so I get away with washing it only a few times a week.  

These are the products I currently use to tame it:

Shampoo and Conditioner by Ojon which I've mentioned previously in this post.  Oh how I’ve tried to use other things, surely there are cheaper products I ask myself, I have thought that the grass was greener, been tempted by new things and then, I always come back to these.  I use both the Dry Recovery and the Damage Reverse ranges.  At the mo’ I’m using the Damage Reverse Shampoo and the Dry Recovery Conditioner.  I also use the mask from the Damage Reverse range which I am out of now so sometimes I’ll leave the conditioner in for a few hours or overnight.  These have dramatically changed the condition of my hair and made it much more manageable which is no mean feat. Don’t be put off by the almost a woody/smoky scent you can’t smell this in your hair!  They leave my hair so smooth and soft.  I think that it takes less time to dry my hair when I use these…

Then before drying, I apply one of two things, either some Moroccan Oil which I take maybe one or two pumps of and apply through the mid lengths and ends.  If not this, I’ll use some of the Kérastase Ciment Thermique which is a heat activated defence cream for damaged hair.  I’d love to be able to let my hair air dry but it would still be wet after several hours and frizzy, very very frizzy!

Some other items are a teeny tiny sample of Ojon’s Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum which I love.  I think I prefer it to the Moroccan Oil but I dread having to fork out for the full size.  For when I’m want to embrace the more ahem messy look, I use either Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray or the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray.

I buy Ojon from Arnotts in Dublin and Kérastase and Moroccan Oil from Feel Unique. What are your hair care heroes?  I need some new ideas.  Besides, buying more hats…

2 comments :

  1. Love your blog. Maybe wanna follow each other? Let me know XOXO

    http://bblluusshh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'll check your blog out now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations