The Skincare #2: Winter Saviours

Friday, 14 December 2012






























With the drop in temperature my skin has become quite dry.  These are the products that I have been using recently to add some much needed nourishment.

First up is the Emma Harding Amazing Face Natural Lift and Sculpt Moringa Cleansing Balm - and breathe…Previously I wouldn’t have dreamt of using a cleansing balm for fear that it would aggravate my oily skin but true to its name this is indeed amazing!  I massage this into dry skin and then add a little warm water and then remove with a flannel.  It removes every last bit of makeup including Estée Lauder's Double Wear and leaves my skin feeling so soft.  I’m currently working my way through my third pot of this.


Then to shower I have been loving the L’Occitane Almond Cleansing and Soothing Shower Oil. This is one of my favourite products for winter and a luxurious treat for those days when your skin feels tight and dry.  It foams up really well and cleanses thoroughly and smells divine!  (Also, it works well as a shaving oil too!)  After using the L’Occitane skin is left feeling really soft so you could skip a body lotion but as my skin is super dry (can you say Sahara?) I like to follow up with a body butter…


*Holy Grail Klaxon*


Enter Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter.  There’s no denying it, it‘s love! This leaves skin feeling so unbelievably soft yet it is absorbed quickly so does not leave any residue and smells divine.  Friends and family can attest to this also as I’ve made them buy their own to stop them pinching mine!


Finally from going between the cold outdoors to central heating, I feel like I’m constantly reaching for hand cream and lip balm.  My lip balm of choice is Crème De La Mer’s The Lip Balm for which I have an ode to here and for hand cream, I have been loving Neom’s Complete Bliss Moroccan Blush Rose offering at the moment.


On a non-beauty note, cosy jumpers, candles and plenty of Costa's hot chocolates have made up my winter saviours too!


What are you loving this winter?

2 comments :

  1. I literally would not be able to survive Winter without L'Occitane products!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations