The Edit #7: Favourite Candles

Saturday, 5 January 2013

































I'm Michelle and I'm a candle-aholic!  I burn them throughout the year but particularly enjoy burning them during winter.  I have quite a few on the go (if the electricity ever goes, I’m your woman!) so wanted to share the ones I’ve been using recently.  

First up is Space NK’s Vetiver Cedar, this smells ridiculously good, how I imagine Ryan Gosling to smell ahem, like a really nice men’s cologne.  Unfortunately, once lit you can’t smell it AT ALL. Very disappointing…


Then as part of a set I received for Christmas, I have the This Works Night Time Candle.  This contains essential oils of Lavender, Vetivert and Camomile and apparently is the solution to a good night’s sleep. Perfect for when you’ve been burning the candle at both ends eh? Sorry…

Personally, my untrained nose only picks up the scent of lavender and I find this gives me a headache.

Next, I have one of the Laura Mercier Signature Candles in Crème Brulée.  As a fan of the body collection in this scent, I adore this.  It is very rich, so may not be for everyone as it can be a bit sickly.


It’s not all negative I promise!  Enter Neom’s Tranquillity Candle.  I only have this in the travel size yet it fills the whole house with its fragrance of lavender, basil and jasmine.  This is someone handing you a cup of tea at the end of a long day, soothing and relaxing and perfect to burn before bed. Everything I hoped the This Works would be…


Finally, my absolute favourite candles.  Diptyque's mini Feu De Bois and the regular sized Baies.  Feu de Bois is woody, smoky, masculine?  You can smell this throughout the house hours after it has been extinguished.  Baies has a scent of blackcurrant and rose.  I cannot rave about this enough - well I could, but I won’t bore you :)  One day the huge five wick version shall be mine…


Are you a candle person, what are your faves?

2 comments :

  1. i am definitely a candle person! i love all of them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my candle obsession is getting out of hand... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations