The Edit #1: The Winter Tag

Friday, 23 November 2012


Image Ref: 90-02-21 - Christmas Lights, Viewed 7496 times

Favourite Winter Nail Polish

Personally I'm not a fan of glitter nail polish on me and I don't think black or almost black shades suit me as I'm so pale without the aid of St. Tropez...I like Essie's Poor Lil Rich Girl which is a deep berry colour and Chanel's Vertigo which is impossible to describe, in natural light it looks like a dark grey with a touch of burgundy.


Favourite Winter Lip Product


Every winter I get excited because now I can, ahem rock the dark lips - Revlon's Black Cherry, Mac's Rebel and the like, but truth be told, I get really dry lips so I usually spend the winter months slathering on lip balm.  It's painfully expensive but the best I've found is Crème de la Mer's The Lip Balm.  This is one of my HG products.  It smells minty, provides instant relief but also delivers long lasting hydration.  And I've tried many - By Terry Baume de Rose, Sisley Nutritive, Dior Crème de Rose, Eve Lom Kiss Mix, Darphin Age Defy.  


Most Worn Winter Clothing Item


Winter is my absolute favourite season.  Cosy, chunky knits with skinny jeans and boots is pretty much my uniform du jour.  Currently coveting this Zara Coat too.  Although my warm, fleecy, Penneys onesie deserves a special mention :)


Favourite Winter Scent / Candle


Tom Ford Black Orchid is my signature fragrance, I wear this all year round.  I'm currently burning (although at the very end of sob!) Diptque's Feu de Bois which is a woody scent.  I really want to try Cire De Trudon's Nazareth candle next, have any of you tried this?


Favourite Winter Beverage


All the bad ones - Starbucks' Ginger Bread Latte, Hot Chocolate (with cream AND marshmallows) In reality, it's usually endless cups of Green Tea to try and ward off any colds or Lemsip if the Green Tea didn't work :)


Favourite Christmas/Holiday Movie


Elf - so funny!  "SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!"  It's a Wonderful Life, is on every year and is beautiful too.


Favourite Christmas Song


The cheesy classics.  I used to sing Wham's Last Christmas when I was a little girl and make all the family watch me.  I was that child.  Now, I like to play one of Michael Buble's Christmas albums repeatedly, from October - I joke, I joke...kind of.


Favourite Holiday Food/Treat


It ALL unfortunately.  Trousers with elasticated waistbands at the ready...


What is at the top of your Christmas List 


Any skincare from Space NK would be greatly appreciated :)


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!
If you have any questions, you can ask me on Twitter @LuxeAspirations